Need Help Finding Something?
5317 E Main St
Hillsboro, OR 97123-6447
|M, T, Thurs||9a - 8p|
|Wednesday||7a - 8p|
|Friday||9a - 5:30p|
|Saturday||9a - 1p|
More from This Category
- 10 Fun and Fascinating Eye Facts
- 10% of Glaucoma Cases are Closed or Narrow Angle
- 11 Bad Contact Lens Habits
- 11 Fun and Fascinating Eye Facts
- 20-20-20 Rule for Better Vision
- 2019 Most Dangerous Toys for Kids
- 2020 Most Dangerous Toys
- 5 reasons not to buy your eyeglasses online
- 5 Reasons to Avoid Internet Eyeglasses
- 5 Reasons to Buy Your Glasses Locally
- 6 Reasons Sunglasses Are Essential
- 7 Tips For Getting The Most Out Of Your Eye Exam.
- 7 Tips for Your Next Eye Exam
- 90% of Glaucoma Cases are Open Angle
- A Child's Vision
- Activities That Can Change Your Eye Pressure
- Allergies are one of the most common eye conditions
- Are My Cosmetics Making My Dry Eye Worse
- Are My Eyes Changing Colors?
- Are My Reading Glasses Making My Eye Worse?
- Are Reading Glasses Making My Eyes Worse?
- Back-to-School Eye Exams
- Bargain Halloween Contacts?
- Can Drug For Rheumatoid Arthritis Damage Eyes?
- Can I Have Cataract Surgery if I Have Macular Degeneration?
- Can you guess the most dangerous sports for eye injuries?
- Cataract Surgery and Anesthesia Types
- Cataract Surgery and Life Expectancy
- Cataract Surgery? I see fine!
- Choosing The Right Eyeglass Frames For Your Face
- Coronavirus and Your Eyes
- Demodex--the Mite that Lives Among Your Eyelashes
- Detecting Alzheimer's though an Eye Exam?
- Diabetic Retinopathy Basics
- Diabetic Retinopathy Diagnosis and Treatment
- Diabetic Retinopathy Explained
- Diabetic Retinopathy--Diagnosis & Treatment
- Differing Functions of Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, and Opticians
- Do Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Drugs Really Cause Vision Loss?
- Do I Even Need an Exam?
- Do I Have Eye Allergies? If So, What Can I Do?
- Don't Let Your Child's Vision Issue Go Undetected
- Dropless Cataract Surgery
- Drug Allergy or Side Effect? Knowing the difference could save your life
- Dry Eyes or Allergies? Or Something Else?
- Dry Eyes Or Allergies? Which Do I Have?
- Emergency Room Not Usually Best Choice for Red Eye
- Every Pink Eye Is NOT 'Pink Eye'
- Eye Color and You
- Eye Jokes--Our Holiday Gift to You!
- Eye Safety During the Holidays
- Eye Safety on the 4th of July
- Eye Safety: The Worst Toys for Kids
- Floater Relief with Lasers
- Geriatric Vision
- Giving the Gift of Sight
- Glaucoma & Sleep Apnea
- Glaucoma: Occupational Hazard for Musicians?
- Halloween Hazards
- Happy 2020!
- Health or Vision Insurance?
- Health vs Vision Insurance
- Hearing That Your Driving Days Are Over
- Help! Growing Older and Can No Longer Read with My Contacts!
- Help! I started seeing these floating things!
- Hereditary Eye Diseases
- Holiday Eye Safety Tips
- How Parkinson’s Disease Affects the Eye
- How to View the 2017 Solar Eclipse Safely
- I Have Macular Degeneration - Should I Take Bilberry?
- I Should Pay Out-of-Pocket for Cataract Surgery Now?
- I'm seeing jagged lines in my vision! Help!
- In a Flash...Your Eyes & Fireworks Injuries
- Intraoperative Aberrometry & Cataract Lens Replacement Selection
- Is Coffee Bad for My Eyes?
- Is My Coffee Addiction Bad for My Eyes?
- Is My Eye Bleeding?
- Is My Eye Makeup Making My Dry Eyes Worse?
- Is There Anything I Can do to Stop Getting More Nearsighted?
- Keeping Your Glasses in Working Order
- Laser Treatments Might Help Floaters
- Love Is in the Air, Love Is in the Eyes
- Lyme Disease And Your Eyes
- Macular Degeneration & Bilberry
- Macular Degeneration--What Can Be Done?
- Macular Mojito and Cataract Cocktails?
- Mom's Eyes
- Mucus Fishing Syndrome
- My Eyes Feel Like the Sahara!
- My New Glasses Aren't Working for Me
- New Transition Contact Lenses
- Newly Diagnosed with Glaucoma? What Now?
- Pregnancy and Your Eyes
- Primary Open Angle Glaucoma
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hydroxychloroquine, and Your Eyes
- Science and a Mother's Eyes
- Seeing one of the 3 F’s
- Shingles and Your Eye
- Should I Be Scared of My Astigmatism Diagnosis?
- Sleep Apnea & Glaucoma: There's a Link
- Special Ops Eyes, the Vision of our Military
- Sports and Eye Injuries
- Sports and Eye Injuries
- Sunglasses in the Winter?
- Suspect ADHD? Time for an Eye Exam!
- Swimming and Contacts Don't Mix
- Texting and Driving? Not a Good Combo.
- The 3 F's--and Why They Can Be So Dangerous
- The Importance of Polarized Eye Wear During The Winter
- The Importance of Quality Sunglasses
- The Scary Cost of Cheap Costume Lenses
- The Wonderful World of Dailies
- There's Blood in the Back of My Eye?!
- Through a Mother’s Eyes
- Time For Some Holiday Eye Care Jokes
- Tips to Save Your Eyes This Holiday Season
- Top 4 Reasons Every Older Adult Needs Regular Eye Exams
- Top 4 Reasons You Need Your Eyes Checked More Frequently as You Get Older
- Top 6 Reasons To Wear Sunglasses
- UV Damage in Childhood
- Vision Problems Can Happen After A Concussion
- Visual Hallucinations? It Could Be Charles Bonnet Syndrome.
- Want to Know How to Make Your Red Eyes Redder?
- Want To See Better? Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Welcome to Our Redesigned Site
- What 20/20 Vision Actually Means
- What are the risk factors for dry eye?
- What Are These Floating Things?
- What does ‘20/20 vision’ actually mean?
- What Everyone Should Know About Macular Degeneration
- What Happened To Reversal Drops For Eye Dilation
- What is a freckle in the back of my eye?
- What Is a Punctal Plug and Why Would I Need One for My Eyes?
- What is Diabetic Retinopathy?
- What is Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery?
- What Kind of Eye Correction Do I Need for Sports?
- What Testing Might I Have During My Eye Exam?
- What Tests Might I Have During My Eye Exam?
- What To Expect During An Eye Injection
- What's that lump on my eyelid?
- When should my child get an eye exam
- Which Eye Diseases Run In Families?
- Why a Progressive Lens Might Be Your Best Choice
- Why am I having Difficulty Adjusting to My New Glasses?
- Why Do I have to Pay Out of Pocket for Cataract Surgery?
- Why Do I Need an Injection in My Eye?
- Why Do I Need an Injection in My Eye? Part 2
- Why do I need glasses if I have contact lenses?
- Why Do People Wear Those Big Sunglasses After Cataract Surgery?
- Why everyone who has had LASIK surgery should get their records NOW
- Why Get an Early Eye Exam for Your Young Child?
- Why is my eye twitching?
- Why is there Blood in the Back of My Eye?
- Why Rubbing Your Eyes Is a Mistake
- Why You Need to Bring Your Current Glasses Even if You Hate Them
- You Want to Do WHAT to My Eye? Part 1
- You Want to Do WHAT to My Eye? Part 2
- Your Child & Your Eye Doctor
- Your Meds = Dry Eyes?
Just like adults, children need to have their eyes examined. This begins at birth and continues into adulthood.
Following are my recommendations for when a child needs to be screened, and what is looked for at each stage.
A child’s first eye exam should be done either right at or shortly after birth. This is especially true for children who were born premature and a have very low birth weight and may need to be given oxygen. This is mainly done to screen for a disease of the retina...
Sunglasses are more than just a fashion statement - they’re important protection from the hazards of UV light.
If you wear are sunglasses mostly for fashion that’s great, just make sure the lenses block UVA and UVB rays.
And if you don’t wear sunglasses, it’s time to start.
Here are your top 6 reasons for wearing sunglasses:
Preventing Skin Cancer
The strongest evidence that sunglasses provide a medical benefit is in preventing skin cancer on your eyelids. UV light exposure...