Need Help Finding Something?
5317 E Main St
Hillsboro, OR 97123-6447
|M, T, Thurs||9a - 8p|
|Wednesday||7a - 8p|
|Friday||9a - 5:30p|
|Saturday||9a - 1p|
More from This Category
- 10% of Glaucoma Cases are Closed or Narrow Angle
- 11 Fun and Fascinating Eye Facts
- 5 reasons not to buy your eyeglasses online
- 7 Tips For Getting The Most Out Of Your Eye Exam.
- 90% of Glaucoma Cases are Open Angle
- A Child's Vision
- Allergies are one of the most common eye conditions
- Are My Cosmetics Making My Dry Eye Worse
- Are My Eyes Changing Colors?
- Are Reading Glasses Making My Eyes Worse?
- Back-to-School Eye Exams
- Can Drug For Rheumatoid Arthritis Damage Eyes?
- Can you guess the most dangerous sports for eye injuries?
- Cataract Surgery and Life Expectancy
- Cataract Surgery? I see fine!
- Choosing The Right Eyeglass Frames For Your Face
- Diabetic Retinopathy Diagnosis and Treatment
- Diabetic Retinopathy Explained
- Do Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Drugs Really Cause Vision Loss?
- Don't Let Your Child's Vision Issue Go Undetected
- Drug Allergy or Side Effect? Knowing the difference could save your life
- Dry Eyes Or Allergies? Which Do I Have?
- Eye Safety on the 4th of July
- Eye Safety: The Worst Toys for Kids
- Floater Relief with Lasers
- Geriatric Vision
- Glaucoma: Occupational Hazard for Musicians?
- Halloween Hazards
- Health vs Vision Insurance
- How to View the 2017 Solar Eclipse Safely
- I Have Macular Degeneration - Should I Take Bilberry?
- Is Coffee Bad for My Eyes?
- Is There Anything I Can do to Stop Getting More Nearsighted?
- Laser Treatments Might Help Floaters
- Love Is in the Air, Love Is in the Eyes
- Newly Diagnosed with Glaucoma? What Now?
- Seeing one of the 3 F’s
- Sleep Apnea & Glaucoma: There's a Link
- Special Ops Eyes, the Vision of our Military
- Swimming and Contacts Don't Mix
- The Importance of Polarized Eye Wear During The Winter
- Through a Mother’s Eyes
- Tips to Save Your Eyes This Holiday Season
- Top 4 Reasons You Need Your Eyes Checked More Frequently as You Get Older
- Top 6 Reasons To Wear Sunglasses
- UV Damage in Childhood
- Vision Problems Can Happen After A Concussion
- Want To See Better? Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Welcome to Our Redesigned Site
- What are the risk factors for dry eye?
- What does ‘20/20 vision’ actually mean?
- What Happened To Reversal Drops For Eye Dilation
- What is a freckle in the back of my eye?
- What Kind of Eye Correction Do I Need for Sports?
- What Testing Might I Have During My Eye Exam?
- What To Expect During An Eye Injection
- When should my child get an eye exam
- Which Eye Diseases Run In Families?
- Why am I having Difficulty Adjusting to My New Glasses?
- Why Do I have to Pay Out of Pocket for Cataract Surgery?
- Why Do I Need an Injection in My Eye?
- Why Do I Need an Injection in My Eye? Part 2
- Why do I need glasses if I have contact lenses?
- Why Do People Wear Those Big Sunglasses After Cataract Surgery?
- Why is my eye twitching?
A common in-office procedure is an eye injection for treatment of various eye conditions, such as wet macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy or vein occlusion.
It is normal to be anxious prior to your first eye injection but knowing what to expect may alleviate some anxiety.
Your eye will be numbed with topical anesthetic drops. Usually, a cotton-tipped applicator soaked in anesthetic will be held against the white part of the eye to numb it. Sometimes, a thick gel may also be...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) drugs like Viagra, Cialis and Levitra have been implicated as possibly causing an increased incidence in a serious eye disease called Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (AION).
In 2005 the FDA received 43 post-marketing reports of sudden vision loss attributed to AION in patients taking ED medications. There was also a report in the Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology that identified seven patients who had AION within 36 hours of their last use of an ED drug. These...